[windows2000] Re: Redirects

  • From: "Costanzo, Ray" <rcostanzo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 16:42:32 -0500

See here.
http://www.aspfaq.com/2321

You should add some code to that though carry any querystrings that may
exist.  My modifications are SHOUTED.

    if Request.ServerVariables("HTTPS") = "off" then
        srvname = Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_NAME")
        scrname = Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME")
        SQSTRING = REQUEST.QUERYSTRING
        SREDIRECT = "https://"; & SRVNAME & SRCNAME
        IF LEN(SQSTRING) > 0 THEN SREDIRECT = SREDIRECT & "?" & SQSTRING
       'COMMENTED OUT response.redirect("https://"; & srvname & scrname)
        RESPONSE.REDIRECT SREDIRECT
    end if

To use this, you will to change that your 403-4 error in IIS from being
that .htm file to being a URL.  The URL should be
/Your/Path/In/The/Site/With/This/ASP/Page.asp

Make sure you start the URL with the leading /.

> From: Bill Beckett [mailto:Bill.Beckett@xxxxxxxxxx]

> I have a webserver with two sites. One has an SSL cert and is being
> redirected by a modified 403-4.htm which points to the actual
> https: site. I
> would like to add another SSL cert on the 2nd site and this
> site also needs
> to be redirected to an https: page. However, since the
> 403-4.htm has been
> manually edited to a specific location, the 2nd site will
> wind up pointing
> to the same place. What other methods are there to redirect a
> site to an
> https: page other than modifying the 403-4.htm?

personal and confidential use
of the recipient(s) named above.  Distribution, publication, or retransmission
of this message is strictly
prohibited.  This message may be a bank to client communication and as such is
priviliged and confidential.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent
responsible for delivering it to the
document in error and that any
review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete
the original message.

The sender of this e-mail specifically "opts-out" of the Electronic Signatures
and Global and National
Commerce Act (E-Sign) and any and all similar state and federal acts.
Accordingly, but without limitation,
any and all documents, contracts, and ageements must contain a handwritten
signature of the sender to
be legal, valid, and enforceable.