[windows2000] Re: RES: trust

  • From: "Rick Fogarty" <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 11:57:00 -0500

From where, in Trusts?  It should be showing up automatically when you
create a domain controller?

-----Original Message-----
From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Berger, Gunnar
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 10:32 AM
To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [windows2000] Re: RES: trust

another thing, how do I get my new domain to show up under directory?  I
want both domains to show up under directory in entire network.

Gunnar

De: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] Em nome de Berger, Gunnar Enviada
em: terça-feira, 4 de novembro de 2003 12:28
Para: HELP (E-mail)
Assunto: [windows2000] trust

Does anyone know how to setup a trust between two AD domains?

I have one domain in a 192.168.0.x subnet lets call it abc.com

I have another domain in a 192.168.5.x subnet lets call it xyz.net

They can ping and can access each other if you use the password for the
domain you are in.  However, I want these domains to trust each other and
each others users, so one user from one domain can access information on the
other domain from his own username.  I've been trying to get this to work
for a month now and I'm about to call MS on it but I figured I would ask.
What I've done so far is go into domains and trusts and click on add I add
the .com to the .net trust then I go to .com and try to add .net and it just
says I can't contact it or something.

Any quick thoughts.

Gunnar

Security System. For more information on a proactive email security service
working around the clock, around the globe, visit http://www.messagelabs.com