[windows2000] Re: RES: Re: WAAAAYYY OT: FrontPage help needed

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 20:23:49 -0800

From: "Ray at home" <listray@xxxxxxxxxx>
Huh, that's interesting.  Just for the sake of advocating Lucifer, that
sounds a bit connish (if that's a word).  It's like, "Here, I'll give
you this great software for FREE, and once you're locked into it, I am
the only one who can support you, so I will charge you $500/minute for
support."  And Microsoft is the one accused of having a monopoly.

Hehe, well nothing is ever really FREE, there are just different kinds of costs. Generally with open source stuff, you spend ALOT less on the software, and instead of having like 20 guys who know a little, you need five guys who are gurus, the five guys have higher salaries, but overall you spend less. $500/min is a bit much, though I do know one consultant who is so good he charges $200/hr since he can probably fix your problem in an hour that would take a $50/hr guy all day.

Now I'm starting to see how I'm kinda like this already.  I always put
"if not exist rcostanzo then exit" in all my code and then I tell
everyone that if I ever quit or get fired, everything I've done will
stop working.  :P

*grin* That's not exactly what I meant, but you knew that already.

Luckily where I work, no one knows anything already anyway, so I could
be there for life if I want.

The good news for anyone in IT is, if you actually know your stuff, you'll never have much trouble being employed. If computers were like toasters, there wouldn't be computer techs, hehe.

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"Live dangerously, overclock your servers."

Frustrated with dial-up? Get high-speed for as low as $26.95. https://broadband.msn.com (Prices may vary by service area.)