[windows2000] Re: RES: Re: WAAAAYYY OT: FrontPage help needed

  • From: "Ray at home" <listray@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 23:08:36 -0500

Huh, that's interesting.  Just for the sake of advocating Lucifer, that
sounds a bit connish (if that's a word).  It's like, "Here, I'll give
you this great software for FREE, and once you're locked into it, I am
the only one who can support you, so I will charge you $500/minute for
support."  And Microsoft is the one accused of having a monopoly.

> Then since you're getting paid salary, you have even more
> motivation to use open source software since it lowers
> your department's operating expenses and makes it harder
> for them to get rid of you, since most open source products
> require you to know what you're doing.

Now I'm starting to see how I'm kinda like this already.  I always put
"if not exist rcostanzo then exit" in all my code and then I tell
everyone that if I ever quit or get fired, everything I've done will
stop working.  :P

Luckily where I work, no one knows anything already anyway, so I could
be there for life if I want.

Ray at home