[windows2000] Re: RES: Re: RES: Re: net use lpt1 \\zeus\hplaserj /persistent:yes

  • From: "Costanzo, Ray" <rcostanzo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 09:33:46 -0400

But LPT2 is still fine.  Huh.  Does this computer have any HP junk
printing software installed?  See here.
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=180892
Also see
http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBG/TIP3400/rh3407.htm

LPT1 is being held by something, it seems to me.

> From: Eduardo Freitas [mailto:eduardofreitas@xxxxxxxxxxxx]

> I went to another machine, logged in as a new user and tried
> it and the same
> thing happens:
>
> Invalid password for \\zeus\HPLaserJ
>
> Error 5: Access denied.
>
> I made the same user a local admin and the damn thing works
> fine.... no
> problem at all. Any clues???? I don't wanna keep those users
> admins even if
> its locally! Not on my watch! lol
>
> Regards,
>
> Eduardo Herrmann de Freitas

personal and confidential use
of the recipient(s) named above.  Distribution, publication, or retransmission
of this message is strictly
prohibited.  This message may be a bank to client communication and as such is
priviliged and confidential.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent
responsible for delivering it to the
document in error and that any
review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete
the original message.

The sender of this e-mail specifically "opts-out" of the Electronic Signatures
and Global and National
Commerce Act (E-Sign) and any and all similar state and federal acts.
Accordingly, but without limitation,
any and all documents, contracts, and ageements must contain a handwritten
signature of the sender to
be legal, valid, and enforceable.