[windows2000] Re: RES: Re: RES: Re: WAAAAYYY OT: FrontPage help needed

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 10:22:43 -0800

From: "Eduardo Freitas" <eduardofreitas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
How did you guys convince your users to use Open Office? Didn't they
complain like hell???????

That was a bit tough, I started at the bottom with people who didn't have anything and worked my way up the food chain, by the time I got to the top, I was saying things like "Well, eveyone else in the company is using it, perhaps just to be compliant you could go along." I still have two or three die-hards though. My best tactic was to talk dollars and cents though, MS Office is like $370 a copy, and that's some serious money if you have alot of users.

Chris, Cant you just use open office and save as a word document???

Yes, and that works very well, but continous importing and exporting can introduce small errors that are unacceptable in some of our communications.

Chris Berry
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"Live dangerously, overclock your servers."

Frustrated with dial-up? Get high-speed for as low as $26.95. https://broadband.msn.com (Prices may vary by service area.)

This Weeks Sponsor Pearl Software