[windows2000] Re: RES: Re: Domain doubts

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 11:47:06 -0700

From: "Eduardo Freitas" <eduardofreitas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Ok Chris, I checked IPCop. It sounds nice but I would still have to set up
what ports get forwarded to other the network and so on with
iptables/chains. Can you give me any pointers on which ports I need to mess
with? I gotta have an application running and the main domain communication
with the subdomain properly.

No, as long as you have IPCOP at both ends it's pretty much "auto-magical". There are no ports to worry about because as far as your two networks are concerned there is no firewall, that's the whole point of a VPN. As far as your windows boxes are concerned, it should be just like talking across a router.

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"We are successful when our bosses wonder what it is we do all day." -- Tim Mullen

Express yourself with MSN Messenger 6.0 -- download now! http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_general