[windows2000] Re: Question about multiple entries in DNS

  • From: Jennifer Hooper <jennifer.hooper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 08:55:22 -0700

Actually, this might help a LOT.  But I don't know how it will affect
offsite offices.  But I think this gives me a jumping off point!  We might
have another building wide power outage coming up too, so that would be
perfect.  Thanks guys for your help!

Jennifer

From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jennifer Hooper
Posted At: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 11:37 AM Posted To: Windows 2000
Conversation: [windows2000] Re: Question about multiple entries in DNS

Oh yeah, I recognize them.  A lot of this is from swapping out hardware,
building new hardware, etcetcetc.  The old ones aren't being purged.  So
it's going to be a major manual deal... Maybe I can do some creative
scripting to do some of the work for me.  There are probably 400 addresses,
some with 1 entry, some with 10.  Just depends on the subnet and what's been
going on on that floor.

Thanks Jeff!

Jennifer