[windows2000] Re: Pushing registry setting to workstations

  • From: Chris Berry <chris_berry-list-windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 14:43:41 -0800

A logon script that calls a .reg file.

Chris Berry
chris_berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Information Advisory Manager
JM Associates

“If you have a strong enough why you can bear almost any how.” --Nietzsche

Dave Flaim wrote:
Is there an easy automated way to place a registry setting onto Windows 2000 and XP Pro workstations - approx 650 total - or any ideas on solving problem?

I need the following line to run on each user's workstation as they login to the Windows 2003 AD.
Outlook.exe /importprf \\servername\sharename\file.prf

My initial thought was the HKLM\....\runonce key - not sure if that will do what I want.

Thanks
Dave