[windows2000] Re: Printing Problems

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 13:57:46 -0400

Absolutely...

Probably the easiest way to fix the problem is to use the Security
Configuration and Analysis MMC snap-in.

Take a full backup of your server first.
Then, using the SC&A Snap-in, apply the rootsec template
Then, if you want, you can apply either the SecureDC or HiSecDC template to
lock it down further...

You can use the Security Templates snap-in to view what each template will do
before you apply them...

HTH,

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.

________________________________

From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mauricio Fernandez
Posted At: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 12:48 PM
Posted To: Windows 2000
Conversation: [windows2000] Printing Problems
Subject: [windows2000] Printing Problems

Maybe this help yours to help me.

Last weekend (when the problem starts) I made two changes:

1.      I switch places of two printers and install a new one.
2.      I realize that Windows give full rights to "everyone" on C drive of the
Active directory's main server by itself (without sharing, just the rights). I
remove that right and add reading rights to my own "everyone" group.

Anyone knows if Windows printing system need that users have writing rights on
C drive? What for?

Mauricio Fernández S.

IT Manager

FDTA - Valles