[windows2000] Re: Printers- OT

  • From: Bill Beckett <Bill.beckett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 13:21:55 -0400

Actually, in case anyone is interested, I found a Host Name configuration
within DHCP. Changing it here does the job.

From: Bill Beckett
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 10:52:46 -0400

Message We have mostly HP printers (laser). Does anyone know of an easy way
to change the HOST NAME without having to reconfigure the printer? Our
printers change location sometimes and when printing a config page, the host
name doesn't always jive with the printer name or printer location. It's
simple enough to change the share name but I want the host name to match the
share name. Any easy way to do this?

BW,

Sorin

http://www.farmfak.uu.se/organisk/