[windows2000] Re: Printers- OT

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <Sorin.Srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 17:01:11 +0200

Use HP Web Jetadmin, assuming your printers have a jetdirect card
installed. I manage all our networked laserjets from my portable
computer (it's my backup admin computer).

--Original Message Text---
From: Bill Beckett
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 10:52:46 -0400

Message We have mostly HP printers (laser). Does anyone know of an
easy way to change the HOST NAME without having to reconfigure the
printer? Our printers change location sometimes and when printing a
config page, the host name doesn't always jive with the printer
name or printer location. It's simple enough to change the share
name but I want the host name to match the share name. Any easy way
to do this?