[windows2000] Re: Printer problems in Win 2K

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:29:29 -0700

From: "Bennett, Cameron" <CBennett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I have a laptop with Windows 2000 installed on it.  Before I deployed it I
installed a network based printer and all seemed fine.  Now that it is on
the clients desk, she is unable to print and I cannot open the printers
folder (it hangs the system).  I have tried going in through the control
panel etc but the computer still freezes up.  The only other clue I have is
the spoolsv.exe in Task Manager is showing a large amount of memory
consumption (20+ MB).

Can anyone shed any clues as to how I can fix this?  Other than thins
problem the computer seems fine.

Sounds like one of the installed drivers is corrupted. Whenever I have spoolsv.exe problems, this usually fixes it:

http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBJ/tip4900/rh4900.htm

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"We are successful when our bosses wonder what it is we do all day." -- Tim Mullen

Enjoy MSN 8 patented spam control and more with MSN 8 Dial-up Internet Service. Try it FREE for one month! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup