[windows2000] Re: Print to file on a network printer

  • From: "Victor Diasparra" <vdiasparra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 19:08:55 -0500

Wouldn't that pause all the printing from other users?

Victor A. Diasparra
vdiasparra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Charlotte, NC

From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Victor Diasparra
Posted At: Saturday, November 19, 2005 9:20 AM Posted To: Windows 2000
Conversation: [windows2000] Print to file on a network printer
Subject: [windows2000] Print to file on a network printer

A large portion of my day is spent walking to and from a network printer,
and if I don't get there in time it goes into the inevitable pile that I
have to sort through and get my stuff.
So I was playing around with the "print to file" option. I thought I could
create a folder on my desktop called PRN. Then when printing whatever I
needed, just save it to that folder. Then when ready I could just print them
all. After googling a bit the only stuff that came up was with a local
printer connected to LPT1 etc. so I figured I could just substitute the
network address for the printer but when I do, it just creates a PRN file in
the folder. The line I am using is:

COPY my_chart.prn LPT1 /B changed
COPY my_chart.prn //networkprintername /B

Any ideas??