[windows2000] Re: Policy not taking effect

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 15:54:38 +0200

Daniel Ensor <> wrote on Friday, September 29, 2006 3:44 PM:

Yepp, I did, as mentioned with respect to "GPO wizards" below, ie both GP
Modeling and GP Results, have been used to check for problems.

What I found was that they are taking effect, just not all of them(...) in
that particular GPO, and that's causing me grief [uuencode is always on] which
fouls up posting attachments to our internal mailing lists at the
department...

And no 8-), me and university helpdesk concluded it's not a mail/list-server
problem but rather that the policy setting is not taking effect completely.

I found that out after checking, on a hunch, the registry settings for Outlook
on my own machine. The key
"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Options\Mail\Message Plain Format
MIME" is set to "0", no matter what. I assumed the key would change to 1 when
checking the "don't use uuencode" GPO, but it didn't...

> Hi Sorin
>
> Have you run gpresult to see if the policy is being applied. I always
> use this tool to check on stuff as it's pretty cool and often helps when
> stuff's not running.
>
> Cheers
> Dan

GSM