[windows2000] Oracle 8i Client Install Problem

  • From: Christopher_Wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 12:41:36 -0600

I am trying to install the Oracle 8.1.7 client on a Windows 2000 server.  I
am working with Compaq Proliant 3000 servers, and dual Pentium II
processors.

I have read about problems installing this client onto servers with Pentium
IV processors, and tried the recommend fix for that without success.  Has
anyone seen this problem on non-P4 machines?

The symptoms are that at setup, you get to a welcome screen, and upon
pressing "next" to begin the installation, the installer app crashes.

I would appreciate any suggestions you might have...