[windows2000] Re: Odd upgrade issue

  • From: "Webmail" <web@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 22:26:14 -0500

Did you try running it in safe mode? Windows 2000 and 98 store their
profiles in two different places. I'm guessing the admin profile password
got corrupt in the upgrade. You can use the lost password tool to change the
password and log on.

the problem but usually safe mode (F8 at boot) will fix most issues.

Hi guys
I have an issue that I have never seen before.
One of the guys here upgraded his PC from 98 to W2K.  When we enter the
username and password, the machine starts to load, then starts to shut
down and brings us back to the password screen.  No errors.  I can't
even get into the event viewer.  Any ideas???

This Weeks Sponsor Pearl Software