[windows2000] Re: OT: ghost bootdisk for 3c980c-txm server nic?

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 11:48:11 -0800

>From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >Have you tried using the packet drivers?
>No. I'm not aware of any packet drivers from 3com for this
>3c980c-txm; never used that kind of drivers before.
>How do I use those and where do I get them?

Packet drivers are basically an executable, sort of like mscdex.exe for
cd-roms.  You put them in your config.sys file, generally they are supplied
with the driver disk you get with your hardware.

This site probably has what you need.

http://www.3com.com/products/en_US/result.jsp?selected=5&sort=effdt&order=desc&sku=3C980C-TXM

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"And here in our server room you can see our Beowolf Cluster of C64's that
keeps our enterprise on the very cutting edge of technology."