[windows2000] Re: OT: diskreplacements for HP Netserver LH3000r

  • From: "List Account" <list.account@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 14:45:04 -0400

Sorin,
I grabbed one of our Seagate Ultra 320 SCSI drives from the closet and took
some measurements:
10cm x 14.5cm x 2.5cm

Here is the model of Seagate that I measured -
http://www.seagate.com/cda/products/discsales/marketing/detail/1,1081,540,00
.html

I pulled the drive sizes I mentioned in my first reply from websites selling
the drives, not from HP so take them with a grain of salt.

Given that the Seagate I measured and the D9420A you measured have the same
measurements, I can't see a reason why you wouldn't be able to move to a
different manufacturers drive. The only problem I could see was if you were
still under HP support on the drives/controller and you had a problem, HP
could say "Hey, those aren't HP drives so we won't help you with drive
specific problems".

Hope this helps,
Nathan Grandbois
Cerdant, Inc.