[windows2000] Re: OT: Would like recommendations for good websites to try andtrack down originating IP addresses

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 20:48:16 -0800

From: "Rod Falanga" <rjfalanga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I'm sure that all of you have had at least one of those irritating spam
messages from some Nigerian proposing lots of wealth, etc, if only you
divulge your checking account's routing number, etc. I used to use a
website to help track down these people and complain to the originating ISP.
However, it has stopped working for me.

So, I would like some recommendations as to good website(s) I could use, to
help me find out the obfuscated IP address that these spammers tend to use.

Rod

How's this:

http://www.samspade.org/

Although personally I think you're probably wasting your time, you're better off just filtering it out.

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates & Coast Business Service

"When your only tool is a hammer, all of your problems start looking like nails." --Mark Twain

Tired of slow downloads and busy signals? Get a high-speed Internet connection! Comparison-shop your local high-speed providers here. https://broadband.msn.com