[windows2000] OT: Work romances (Was: Messenger service reverts to manual startup)

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <Sorin.Srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:46:21 +0200

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 13:16:39 -0400, Ray at work wrote:

>My not-yet-wife and I met at work and still work together.  And we actually
>work together!  She's the web designer; I'm the web programmer.  I won her
>over via the net send.  :]

It's a sign-o'-the-times. 8-)

I let my to-be wife, know she'd come to my attention in a web-mail,
and then subsequently asked for a date, also using the former
crappy webmail-gui. Bad programming on that webmail site, nearly
ruined the whole thing, but thx to HP (specifically a laserjet
printer), she was able to print out the mail instead.

We're now happily married and the second anniversary is coming up
in less than a month. 8-) Oh, and we got married in vegas while I
was attending the 2002 comdex show. 8-)

One thing to keep in mind (at least from my personal experience and
close friends's and colleaugues's) is to try to choose a partner
from an entirely different field. Like I'm in IT and natural
sciences and my wife is a theologist and into the philosophical
field. Her closest (girl)friend is also some kind of litterature
artsy-this-or-that-something and her boyfriend is more or less in
the same area as me, ie IT. Most of the other relationships I know
of that were same-niche-relationshsips have either crashed utterly
or have only been temporary. I'm not quite sure why this tends to
be the case. Maybe some kind of competition when in the same field,
and which will eventually result in a sitaution which is "doomed"?
Oh, well, enough ranting... 8-)