[windows2000] Re: OT: Which new laptop, and how to handle serial communication

  • From: "Andrew Shriner" <aShriner@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 08:20:08 -0500

Precisely... that's exactly what I'm talking about :) It gets kind of
old hauling so many pounds up weight up a ladder with you, in a
backpack, to a catwalk sometimes. It's even more fun if the DB9
connection you need to use is 1/2 way up the ladder ;)

I have a 25' serial extension to help in that... ;)

Andrew

>>> joanne.determann@xxxxxxxxx 12/08/04 08:07AM >>>
Yeah... but what about us folks that need the old DB9 port to connect
to WAPs, Switches, Routers and UPS console ports? I have been using my
port replicator but it's really awkward and I don't appreciate the extra
weight when I'm climbing a ladder or balancing behind a rack. And the
only time I need the old DB9 is when I'm not at my desk. And at my desk
is  where the docking station/port replicator should stay IMHO.

Plus we in a manufacturing environment have tons of old equipment and
gages requiring DB9 connection interfaces. Hey I finally got rid of the
last of the ISA cards.

Visit our Website at www.capaluminium.com

\par

Scanned for viruses by MailDefender