[windows2000] Re: OT: Trig Problem

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 09:46:38 -0500

Not sure if the attachment will make it, but attached is my solution.

The problem was this... Three people leave three different Massachusetts
towns (Andover, Lawrence, and Boxford) for the same spot.  Upon
arriving, they discuss how far each had to go to get there.

The guy from Andover went 1.7713 times as far to get there as the guy
from Lawrence.

The guy from Boxford went 2.7582 times as far as the guy from Andover.

The assumption is that all three left from the "Ground Zero" location
for their zip codes, from the coordinates that the USPS uses to identify
"where" your zip code would be plotted as a single point on a map.

What point did they arrive to?

Solved... Now I just need to go see what is there...

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.