[windows2000] Re: OT - Study Texts for MCSA/MCSE

  • From: Jeff Malczewski <jmalczewski@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 16:35:57 -0500

<Soap Box>

Brain dumps?  BRAIN DUMPS?!?  PLEASE tell me you're either not certified, or
you didn't use those evil tools!!

</Soap Box>

As for the question at hand, I used the MSPress book (dry but thorough) and
the Exam Cram (great to read for the week before the test) for the 2000 AD
Design exam (70-219), and I just passed 70-292 (1 of 2 (70-296 being the
other) for the 2003 upgrade) with the Exam Cram2 (found it to be a little
lacking), the Sybex MCSA/MCSE Server 2003 Upgrade book, and the Exam Blaster
practice tests (not bad..  $49 got me like 6 different practice tests
(including CCNA), as well as 90 days access to online streaming videos -
haven't checked those out yet though) from Cert21...

<Flameproof suit>

IMHO the Cram2 series leave a bit to be desired, unless you are already
thoroughly familiar with the subject matter, I'd steer clear..  A real
shame, the original Cram series was quite good...

</Flameproof suit>

-Jeff