[windows2000] Re: OT (Sorry) Standard TCP/IP Printing in Windows 98...

  • From: "Dan Duhigg" <candydan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 15:32:41 -0800

This works if you know the port infoThe installation wizard will need to
have the Windows 95 Installation
CD-ROM or diskettes available if the drivers are not already installed.

1.  Select Settings then Printers from the Start menu or double click on
    My Computer and then Printers

2.  Double click on Add Printer

3.  Select Next on the Add Printer

4.  Select Local Printer and click Next

5.  Select Digital in the Manufacturer list box, and Digital DECLaser
    5100/Net in the Printer list box

6.  Select Next and insert Windows 95 Installation CD-ROM or diskette

7.  In the Add Printer menu, select Add Port

8.  In the Add Port - Digital Network Port menu, select Digital
    RapidPrint Server (via TCP/IP)
.  Enter the Print server's IP address in the Port information box

10. Associate the port with a name You can remember

11. Select Options. Select Others and enter the port number

12. Select OK twice

13. In the Add Printer menu, verify that the port is now available and
    highlighted

14. Select Next and give the printer a name such as HP500

15. Select Next, no Test print and then Finish

16. Select the new installed printer icon (i.e. HP500) in the Printers
    folder

17. Select Properties from the Printer menu

18. Select Details option from the Property menu and click New Driver

19. Choose Yes in the Printers warning box

20. Select the correct driver for your printer in the Select Device menu
    and complete install your printer

To verify printer operation, select Print Test Page from the
Printer/Properties and General menus.

If you don't have the correct driver on your CD or floppies you can get
it from

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/softlib/mslfiles/D5100_MS.EXE

Dan Duhigg
Director of Information Technology
ORANGE COURIER
3731 W. Warner Ave.