[windows2000] OT (Sorry) Standard TCP/IP Printing in Windows 98...

  • From: "Steve Rance" <Steve.Rance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 14:24:36 -0000

Firstly sorry for the OT but I am hoping you can help.

I am in one of our remote offices, all the PC's are Windows 98. =20

We have a HP Deskjet cp1700 with a Jetdirect box connected.

The PC's connect to it either using HP Jetdirect TCP/IP Port, or =
Standard TCP/IP Port.

If anyone printers to it with HP Jetdirect TCP/IP Port they get a =
Windows Error and the spooler crashes.  All users using Standard TCP/IP =
Port setup work fine.

I want to set up everyone with Standard TCP/IP Port but can't seen to =
find out how to install the port on the machine.  I have searched HP, =
Microsoft, Google and Ask but have not found anything useful.

How do I install Standard TCP/IP Port on a Windows 98 PC ?

Thanks for any help.