[windows2000] Re: OT - Question about supporting Personal PC's

  • From: "Jeff Stockard" <JStockard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 11:11:12 -0400

Disclaimer, this is just how I read the labor laws in my home state
(Michigan).  I could be wrong.

I would guess that you job description goes something like "Fix
computers purchased by "Your company name here".  I would also guess
that it does not have an ending clause that reads "You don't have to fix
them if (A), (B) or (C).  (A) one of our Board Members is using it", (B)
The computer gets a virus / Trojan. (C) Virus protection has been turned
off".  If both of these are true, you are probably required to fix the
computer if possible.  If it is not possible and they find someone who
can fix it, you may have a lot of questions about your ability.

If it makes you feel better, I have to drive to our VP's house and fix
his Comcast cable each time he decides to format the hard drive because
he can not play Trophy Hunter III.  I also have to fix thin clients that
have been hit by 10,000 pound Hilo's.

Make sure they reimburse your for the mileage (I do believe that is
required of them by law).  I always go on company time, so I don't
really think about whose computer I am fixing.

Just my 2 cents.

I had a flat tire today, I hope you day gets better.

Jeff