[windows2000] OT: Outlook 2000 adds SUBJECT.txt attachment to incoming text emails

  • From: "Tasita Ebacher" <tebacher@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 11:35:41 -0500

I have a user running outlook 2K that just recently started getting
attachments with all emails that were sent to her via Plain Text.  Nothing
changed that we know of.  The attachment is named "subject of the email.txt"
and contains all the text the email has in it.  It seems that HTML formatted
emails sent to her do not contain this attachment.

This has happened to a few of my users in the past and we couldn't find a
cause/cure, so they learned to deal with it.  Microsoft's message boards are
full of people with the same problem, but I haven't found a solution
(besides "reboot" but we've done that!) Wondering if anyone else has found a
solution to this problem?

Thanks for any insight,

Tasita Ebacher
702 Communications