[windows2000] Re: OT: Just letting off some frustration

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 11:56:41 -0400

Even better: take it out, wrap it tight in plastic (ziploc freezer bag works
well) and put in a deep-freeze freezer over night.

In the morning, prep a machine with the side off and a backup-destination
hard drive.  Remove the drive from the freezer, unwrap it, and plug it in
immediately.  Power up that computer.

7 out of ten times it allows you to read the data one more time.  But only
once, so have another drive in the machine to copy to...  Once you shut it
down, it is toast.

I kid you not.

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.