[windows2000] OT - Budget AMD gaming system and gaming madness

  • From: "Mike Perrin" <perrinm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:42:33 -0400

Hi all,

The time has come to replace my clunker PC so I can get more enjoyment
out of playing Forgotten Hope (BF1942, Medal of Honor and Battlefield 2
- due out soon). I'm going to build my own system from components:

So far for specifics what I'm considering is:

MSI motherboard
AMD processor (Athlon XP 64)
MSI Graphics card
SATA HDD (I have a seagate one already that I'm pleased with)

Any shared experiences/suggestions are appreciated. Those of you who
play Battlefield 1942 should definately check out forgotten hope, it's a
full mod that changes everything in BF, makes it way more realistic and
interesting than the original game. Desert Combat is another great mod.

Happy gaming!

Mike Perrin, MCSE
Head, Regional Network
Indian and Northern Affairs Canada