[windows2000] Re: Novell NetWare mailing lists / Spooler & RPC Server

  • From: "Andrew Shriner" <ashriner@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:06:27 -0500

I've tried reloading the print server... tried uninstalling and
reinstalling all of the printers in NDPS, tried reinstalling the
clients, tried reinstalling the client spooling subsystem.... tried a
lengthy list of things.

I just stumbled across an article from a couple of years ago, and while
it doesn't mention printing, it does mention RPC Timeouts. It's related
to a TCP Stack vs Broadcom Driver incompatibility. If I can find time to
do so this afternoon, I'll try reinstalling the new TCP Stack on the
NetWare server, and I'll update the Broadcom Driver as well. I sure hope
that works!

Andrew

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 11:51:54 -0500, Andrew Shriner <ashriner@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Does anyone here know of any Novell NetWare related mailing lists?
>
> I'm looking for one because I'm having an issue with trying to add
NDPS
> printers and receiving a message that the RPC server is unavailable,
and
> the operation fails.

Best place I found was www.tek-tips.com !

Dumb question, but have you tried reloading the print server on the
netware server?

Andrew