[windows2000] Re: Need some basic instruction in networking

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 13:02:55 -0800

From: "John Price" <JPrice@xxxxxxxx>
tell you where the problems are occurring, and give you the name of the
hop that is the problem. If it tests ok back to your network, then the
ISP is off the hook.

I do, however, use this test A LOT to go back to the ISP and tell them
"OK, you have a problem with your router named xxxx at address
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx located in anywhere, usa.

That usually shuts them up.

John

Thanks John, I'll use that next time our stupid provider can't get their head out of the sand. If any of you are out in California, never ever EVER use Telepacific as your phone/internet provider.

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"Live dangerously, overclock your servers."

From Beethoven to the Rolling Stones, your favorite music is always playing on MSN Radio Plus. No ads, no talk. Trial month FREE! http://join.msn.com/?page=offers/premiumradio