[windows2000] Re: Name resolution

  • From: "Andrew Shriner" <ashriner@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 11:09:32 -0500

It's possible that the website is not configured to respond to DNS name
"intranet", or it is configured to take some other action when queried
for "intranet" - such as serving another web page, etc.

Drew

>>> Bill.beckett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 11/11/04 03:25PM >>>
Working on an intranet web site. All works fine when hitting the
website
with the internal IP. However, when trying to access by name
"intranet", it
cannot find the page. Intranet is defined in DNS and if I ping
intranet, it
will reply back with the appropriate IP. Any ideas as to why the
browser
will not respond to the friendly name?