[windows2000] Moving SQL DB's

  • From: Dogers <dogers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 15:50:40 +0100

We're getting an upgrade soon from MSDE to SQL2000 and need to move
the databases over.. Question is, how? :)

We have SQL already and i've installed the enterprise manager console
to have a poke about the MSDE server and suchlike. Theres a backup and
restore option, along with detaching and the like. Is there a way to
back up the database as well as the users attached to it (thats the
important part!) and be able to restore it again when SQL is
installed?

Andrew