[windows2000] Moving Files with Shares from one drive to another.

  • From: "Steve Rance" <Steve.Rance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 11:18:06 -0000

Hi Guys,

I have installed some new drives into our file server, which has been setup
under a new drive letter.  What I want to do is move all the user shares (80 of
them) from an existing drive letter (D:) to this new one (E:).  Each folder is
shared as \\FILESVR\username$ and each folder will be E:\Users\username.  I
have ROBOCOPIED all the data across. However I now need to finish the migration
by actually moving the Shares across.

Is there any way I can automate the move the share across without actually
having to recreate it, and setting the permissions for each one, I don't really
want to have to do this manually.

The only change will be the Share will point to E:\Users\username rather than

This Weeks Sponsor SeamlessPlanet.com
Register your domain name for as low as $7.75 per year!
Cheaper than Godaddy..same great service!