[windows2000] Mixed Win2K and NT problems

  • From: "Saurer, John B." <JBSaurer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 16:09:17 -0400

        All: I have added a Win2K server to my NT 4.0 SP6 domain and had
network neighborhood problems ever since. All the computers on the network
are not showing up in Network Neighborhood. I can do a 'Find Computer' and
enter the machine name and it pops right up. I can ' net use' and map a
drive with no problem. This is not a big issue for most users because they
do not have 'Entire Network' but for a few developers and myself this is a
pain. I have tried different settings on the new server to prevent it from
becoming the master browser to no effect. Anyone have any ideas why this may
be happening?

Thanks
John Saurer
Winston Industries LLC.
jbsaurer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
502-495-5540
Visit us at http://www.CVAP.com

This message is confidential. It may also be privileged or otherwise protected
by work product immunity or other legal rules. If you have received this email
in error, please notify the sender by reply email, do not disclose this email
to others, and delete this email from your system. Please note that any views
or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of Winston Industries. Finally, Winston Industries
makes every effort to ensure a virus free environment. However the recipient
Winston Industries accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this email.
Winston Industries, LLC, 2345 Carton Dr., Louisville, KY 40299