[windows2000] Re: Microsoft user switching to FireFox

  • From: Dogers <dogers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 16:51:15 +0000

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 08:35:07 -0800, Jennifer Hooper
<jennifer.hooper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Guys -
>
>         So, I'm getting ready to take the plunge and convert my home PC over
> to FireFox so I can start using it there to learn it (thus saving myself the
> productivity loss trying to learn it in my daily functions @ werk :P).  Is
> there any hitches to doing this on XP Home/SP2?

None whatsoever - I have this on my home PC too :)

You might want to check out some of the Extensions though. The more
useful ones I have installed are IEView, All In One Gestures, Paste
and Go. All available through the mozilla website!

>         Also, I'm thinking about cutting over to the Firefox supported email
> client, but I'm not sure which one it is?  Sorry, I've been sucked down so

Its called Thunderbird! Quite nice, if a little homegrown feeling :)
Rather good spam filtering, once it's had a few pointed out to it too.

Andrew