[windows2000] Re: Microsoft network

  • From: "Costanzo, Ray" <rcostanzo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 14:36:25 -0400

This is just two machines on the network, no domain or anything,
correct?

Make sure the usernames and passwords are the same on both machines.
Another option is when you're on MACHINE1 and are trying to connect to
MACHINE2, enter a username of MACHINE2\Administrator instead of just
Administrator.  Or create an account for this purpose.

I'm suspicious of your "I login with the Admin equivalent user-id"
statement.  Does this "Admin equivalent" account exist on both machines
with the same username and password?

> From: Alex Falkovich [mailto:amina.falkovich@xxxxxxxx]
>

> It happens when I login to either machine. I find the other PC through
> the Explorer and when I click on it, a login prompt comes up. I try to
> authenticate with the same Admin credentials I used to login
> to the first
> PC. The error message that I get back says "Incorrect
> Password or unknown
> user name."
>
> thanks.

personal and confidential use
of the recipient(s) named above.  Distribution, publication, or retransmission
of this message is strictly
prohibited.  This message may be a bank to client communication and as such is
priviliged and confidential.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent
responsible for delivering it to the
document in error and that any
review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete
the original message.

The sender of this e-mail specifically "opts-out" of the Electronic Signatures
and Global and National
Commerce Act (E-Sign) and any and all similar state and federal acts.
Accordingly, but without limitation,
any and all documents, contracts, and ageements must contain a handwritten
signature of the sender to
be legal, valid, and enforceable.