[windows2000] Microsoft Security Update Alert

  • From: "." <mm242@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 04:58:07 -0800

Yaknow, fellas, before you even get to play with our stuff, we dogfood it at M$. Yep, beta stuff in full, critical, production environments, used every day by SOB's like me (slaves of Bill, if you didn't get it)

Exchange Servers, Office, O/S, on our desktops and in our inboxes, every day, just so City Bank in Texas can run RC1 in a production environment.

Mark

Msg: #1 in digest From: "Ray at home" <listray@xxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [windows2000] Re: Fwd: Microsoft Security Update Alert Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 21:35:02 -0500

So, some time last year or the year before, I took a trip out to Lubbock,
Texas to visit City Bank. The reason is that that bank was running some
software the the bank I worked for was considering purchasing (and did).
This bank had branches spanning a couple hundred miles, and at all the
branches were nothing but thin clients. What did these thin clients connect
to? A bunch of Terminal Servers. What were they running? 2003 RC1! 2003
RC1 in production! It cracked me up.

Ray at home