[windows2000] Mapping share drives for remote users

  • From: "Etts, Russell" <retts@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 09:36:55 -0400

Good morning

I recently switched from using Novell 5.0 to Windows 2003 to handle my
file and print needs.  To map my drives, I am using Kixstart.  One issue
just came up that I am having a problem with:

If I have a user working remotely and (s)he VPNs into my network, how
can I get the users their share drives?  I can write a batch file and
leave it on their desktops, but I'm wondering if there is a better way.

Thank you in advance for all your assistance

Russell