[windows2000] Mandatory Profile w/Win2K ws and NT 4 DC?

  • From: Scott Ehrlich <scott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 11:39:21 -0400

We have an NT 4 Primary DC and a Win2K workstation as a member of the domain.

Back when I used NT 4 only, it was easy to create a mandatory profile.  Set
it up as you want as the user to use it, log out, log in as Admin, and copy
it to the profile directory, renaming the ntuser.dat as ntuser.man.

That doesn't seem to work now when downloading the profile from the NT 4
PDC to the Win2K workstation.

How do I successfully create a mandatory profile for the Win2K user?

Thanks.

Scott