[windows2000] Re: Mail server software

  • From: "Rick Fogarty" <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 11:29:19 -0500

Check this out....

http://www.argosoft.com/applications/mailserver/default.asp

Relatively cheap if you ask me...

Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Costanzo, Ray
Sent: Friday, November 15, 2002 8:58 AM
To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [windows2000] Mail server software

Hi list,

Does anyone know if Microsoft makes any simple mail server software
other than Exchange?  In looking through the MS product catalog, all I'm
seeing is a few different versions of Exchange.  I need to install
something on a server so that I can receive mail at my domain and have
at most 5 people popping and downloading their e-mail.  $1300 for
Exchange seems a bit extreme and the product would be a bit overkill for
my needs.  But I really hate third party software.  Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!!

Ray at work

system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com