[windows2000] Re: Machines running slow.

  • From: "Tim Mangan" <tmangan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 15:36:11 -0400

With TaskManager you can look at a snapshot of memory used on the
performance tab.  Windows will always keep some free "Available" memory on
hand - so if you are using more than, say, 450MB out of the 512 you may be
paging.

To look at the paging activity, you want to use the performance monitor
(control panel->Administrator tools).

Tim

  _____