[windows2000] Re: License Management?

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 09:22:07 +0100

Ah, we had only the binder before my time at the dept. After my arrival the
computer-numbers exploded and licensing was starting to get unmanagable. So we
went audit-shopping and came up with Everest.

However, Altiris and MS SMS are frequently mentioned when it comes to
auditing. Those however are on another price-scale.

How big is your computerpark? If it's less than 100 machines I'd go for some
kind home-brew half-automatic solution. ANything more than that and I think
your boss has to open his wallet for you...

HTH.

  _____