[windows2000] Joining Domain problem

  • From: Steve Snyder <kwajalein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 09:55:34 +1200

W2k3 - trying to add a server to the w2k3 AD domain - networking is
ocnfigured correctly, when I join the domain it prompts me for my
credentials, I get the "congratulations you successfully joined the domain"
message but the dang thing never shows up in AD. If I reboot quickly it'll
get the domain GPO settings and I can logon once with my domain account, but
if I wait a while before rebooting, or reboot a second time then I can no
longer logon with a domain account and ge the "computer account could not be
found"

What the heck is happening?