[windows2000] Re: Is there a tool to strip the comments field from W2K shares?

  • From: Angus Macdonald <Angus.Macdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 15:02:59 +0100

The majority of these machines are Windows 95 and therefore don't support
mapping drive letters to subfolders of shares and the thought of showing the
users a common folder with 600 home directories in it and saying "yours is
in there" doesn't appeal! Most of these people can't even remember their own
names to login. They demand that U: points to their own home directory.

I've got Dameware on a machine here so I'll give that a go.