[windows2000] Is server a domain controller?

  • From: "Ray Costanzo" <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 08:15:32 -0500

Hi group,

How can I determine if a machine on my network is a domain controller?  The
machine in question doesn't have netbios over tcp/ip enabled (I'm guessing),
so my trusty nbtstat commands won't answer this question for me.  I noticed
at my new job that my groups local development server has a NETLOGON share.
It'd be odd for this server to be a DC, but that share sure is suspicious!
Let's assume that I have admin rights on my local machine but no other
machine on the network.

Thanks