[windows2000] Re: Is it possible that terminal services could change a

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:27:09 -0400

Maybe I'm confused...

I thought that you were having a problem with Terminal Services
resetting a user's default printer...

What does "dial-up" have to do with a default printer?  If they
"dial-up" to a modem on your RAS server, there is no default printer
anything, except the default printer on their home workstation...

As to the home directory, in ADU&C, in the properties for a user, on the
Terminal Services tab, I have the Home Folder set to "Connect U: to
\\DCSvrFiles01\TSHome\USERNAME"

But I may be way off, since it doesn't sound like we are talking about
the same problem.

Maybe you should restate your problem...

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 14:35:20 -0400
From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

It saves to a text file at this location:

\\DCSvrFiles01\TSHome\USERNAME\DefaultPrinter\DefaultPrinter.txt

This is defined as my Terminal Services user "HOME" directory.

I have NO autocreated printers...

Maybe I'm misunderstanding...=20

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.=20