[windows2000] Intranet website using IIS in win2k server

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <Sorin.Srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 11:37:02 +0100

Hi all,

I just built a quick and dirty intranet website for a dept.

However, when I access the site from another computer (intrasite),
it asks me for a uid/pwd! What gives??

The allow anon access checkbox in the site properties  is checked.
Otherwise all setting are default.

The server is a win2k server with sp4 and, I guess, iis5.

Am I missing something (really) obvious here?

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer          Web: http://www.farmfak.uu.se/organisk/
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,          Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >> 5 signals
>> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,                        Mobile Phone: +46 (0)701-718023
# BMC, Box 574, Uppsala University      Fax: +46 (0)18-4714474
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden             Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
# Public PGP key available on request.
# ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
# /\
# Harmless tagline follows:
# "Sysadmins are the janitors of Information Technology, no matter
how much the current crop of adolescents looks up to them like
boys in the past admired riverboat pilots and railroad engineers."

This Weeks Sponsor Pearl Software