[windows2000] Install fails with "16 bit Windows Subsystem" error

  • From: "Hazen Woods" <ehw@xxxxxx>
  • To: "windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 06:42:33 -0500

I am attempting to install an application on Win2000 Pro which fails with an
error in a window labeled "16
bit Windows Subsystem".  Inside is a message which reads  "t. An installable
Virtual Device Driver
failed Dll initialization. Chose 'Close' to terminate the application."
 If I chose "close",  the installation stops.
 If I chose "ignore" the error message repeats itself, over and over.

I have installed this copy of this application before without a problem. I have
downloaded a fresh copy
and get the same results.  I don't have a clue as to the nature of this error,
the cause, nor the cure.

Can someone please help?  TIA

Hazen Woods
Austin, TX USA